The best way to bathe a dog at home
September 14, 2023
Here are our best advice for bringing the office experience home by Mobile Pet Grooming.
Make sure you have the proper tools, including a decent slicker brush, shampoo, and comb of high caliber. The Arturo line is what we use in our Mobile Pet Grooming for a high-quality finish, thus we strongly suggest it. To have everything you need delivered right to your door, at our Mobile Pet Grooming right here.
Steps To Bathe a Dog at Home
1. Make use of a surface or table that is both comfy for you and your pet.
2. Start at the bottom of the back paw, working your way up in small parts and brushing out any knots you come across.
3. The Artero conditioning spray might help pry out knots if your dog is prone to them. Buy here.
4. To make sure the knots have been completely eliminated, use your comb.
5. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the remaining legs, body, ears, and face.
6. Take care not to brush too vigorously and be especially gentle with delicate regions like the face, ears, tail, and areas under the armpits.
Give the groom some time to rest in between complimenting them
Be careful to give the groom some time to rest in between rewarding them with sweets and praise. To make the encounter as comfortable as possible, maintain your composure.
1. To make your dog feel safe, put a rubber mat in the tub or shower. Before you bathe your pet, get three towels ready and prepare your Artero shampoo in accordance with the directions.
2. Asking for assistance from a second person or using a lead attached to a handle may be helpful.
3. Take care not to ever leave your pet alone in the bath.
4. Verify the water’s temperature and use lukewarm water.
5. Use the soap to make a lather on your pet’s wet coat.
6. Gently rub it into the coat from top to bottom, sparing the delicate areas around the eyes and ear canals.
7. After using another shampoo, rinse the coat with warm water.
8. After a second rinse, squeeze the coat firmly yet gently to eliminate excess water.
1. As much as you can, dry them using your first towel.
2. Put a dry cloth over your pet. Put the third towel on the drying rack you’ve selected.
3. Complete drying their feet and legs of any remaining moisture.
4. Set your speed to a low speed at a medium or cool setting to begin.
5. Dry them as quickly as you can all over, keeping the dryer away from the skin.
6. Use the slicker to straighten the coat when it’s halfway dry for the ideal blow-dry finish.
Regular swimming, dry environments, and the cold months all contribute to more matting.
If your pet swims or has a tendency to become dirty, make sure you brush them after each outing and inspect their coat or You can take help from Our Mobile Pet Grooming Team.
Keep Patience in Your Mind
The wriggling and squirming of pets can make us impatient. If your pet is only able to sit for brief periods of time. Give it plenty of pauses and rewards, then revisit it later. Instead of coercing your pet into being groomed, enforce good behavior and stop as soon as they start to feel uncomfortable.
Help with Professional Mobile Pet Grooming for Matted Fur Professional groomers can frequently provide mobile pet grooming much more quickly and without causing the puppy any further discomfort. When your dog’s body has large, tight lumps of fur, it’s time to get professional assistance. In addition to reducing stress, using professional mobile pet grooming services may perform the job much more quickly. To schedule a consultation with one of our Professional Mobile Pet Groomers we are just a call away from you.